As parents you have an important role in supporting your child to develop the skills needed for becoming part of the Young Workforce. This could range from being the first person that your child will approach for advice when making decisions around which subjects/courses to take.
Discussing the options available to your child after school and taking that step towards further study, continued learning through apprenticeships or indeed directly into appropriate employment options.
The links at the side of the page take you to websites that may be of interest.
- Career Education: A World of Possibilities
- Skills in a Nutshell
- Learning Pathways in the Senior Phase and beyond
- Career Conversations in a Nutshell
- Digital Skills in a Nutshell
- Creativity Enterprise and Employability: Skills for learning life and Work
- Choosing school subjects – advice for parents